[Rcpp-devel] [Rd] Terminology clarification (Re: GPL and R Community Policies (Rcpp)

Dominick Samperi djsamperi at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 16:17:55 CET 2010

On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 8:11 AM, Michael Sumner <mdsumner at gmail.com> wrote:

> Christ, can we remove all references from the mailing lists while we're at
> it?

Look, I want to release software to CRAN, and I would like to
do it without having to explain those remarks in Rcpp. I understand
your frustration, but the authors of Rcpp have made it clear that
private emails will be ignored. I think I have the right to decline
the kind of "acknowledgement" that appears in Rcpp, and there
is no rule that says it must be retained.

This is a very simple resolution that would end this thread (to
the delight of many readers I am sure).

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Dominick