[Rcpp-devel] Fwd: Extending <Rcpp/module/Module_generated_class_constructor.h>

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Dec 3 23:16:20 CET 2010

Hi Tama,

On 3 December 2010 at 22:55, Tama Ma wrote:
| Dear Dirk,
|
| 	Thank you very much for updating the svn so fast. Well, I must admit that I only started to learn R and Rcpp yesterday, so I am very new to this business.
|
| 	To r2697, I first do a  cleanup  followed by  R CMD INSTALL Rcpp -I /path/to/my/Rcpp/directory  . It runs okay, and my own program compiles as well.
|
| 	However, following what you have suggested, I find an error as well, given as follows:
|
| Tama-Mas-MacBook-Pro:pkg tamama$ pwd
| /opt/local/share/Rcpp-svn/pkg
| Tama-Mas-MacBook-Pro:pkg tamama$ sudo R CMD check Rcpp
| * using log directory ‘/opt/local/share/Rcpp-svn/pkg/Rcpp.Rcheck’
| * using R version 2.12.0 (2010-10-15)
| * using platform: x86_64-apple-darwin10.5.0 (64-bit)
| * using session charset: UTF-8
| * checking for file ‘Rcpp/DESCRIPTION’ ... OK
| * this is package ‘Rcpp’ version ‘0.8.9.3’
| * checking package name space information ... OK
| * checking package dependencies ... ERROR
| Packages required but not available:
|   RUnit inline rbenchmark

Yes, R tells you that you'd need packages RUnit, inline and rbenchmark from
CRAN. Feel free to install them and try again -- but as I found out the hard
way you also need rev41 of inline from its SVN on R-Forge.

But with that and rev2699 of Rcpp, you should be good and see that your patch
applied cleanly :)

Cheers, Dirk