[Rcpp-devel] [Rd] Terminology clarification (Re: GPL and R Community Policies (Rcpp)

Dominick Samperi djsamperi at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 00:28:23 CET 2010

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 5:58 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:

> On 2 December 2010 at 17:23, Dominick Samperi wrote:
> | OK, since you are so accomodating, then please remove all reference to
> | my name from Rcpp as I do not want to be subject to arbitrary revisions
> of
> | my status. I may not have the right to say how my prior work will be
> used,
> | but I think I have the right to ask that my name not be used in the way
> | it is used in the recent update.
>
> As I pointed out, you change your mind on this every 12 months, limiting my
> patience and willingness for these dances.  It has also been suggested by
> other than attribution is clearer if you listed as the maintainer of the
> 2005/2006 code that we started from in 2008.

The change that this thread is a reaction to happened a few days ago, not
12 months ago. If I wavered in the past it was because I was being
forced to compete with my own work, not a pleasant place to be.

Are you telling me that you refuse to stop using my name
in Rcpp (except in copyright notices)?

Are you telling me that you will continue to use my name and
update the associated status as you see fit, whether or not I
approve or consent to those changes?

Please answer yes or no.

Thanks,
Dominick