[Rcpp-devel] RcppGSL initial release

Romain Francois romain at r-enthusiasts.com
Wed Dec 1 10:00:44 CET 2010

Hello,

We pushed the initial release of RcppGSL to CRAN this morning. The
package extends Rcpp in the direction of the GNU Scientific Library (GSL).

The package contains C++ classes (in the RcppGSL namespace) that act as
smart pointers to associated GSL data structure, so for example
RcppGSL::vector<double> is a smart pointer to gsl_vector. This allows us
to plug in various constructors and operators to shadow some of the
heavy syntax that C imposes to GSL.

The package contains an 11 pages vignette that explains the features in
details, with examples. The vignette also details how to actually use
RcppGSL, either in another package (best) or at the R prompt with inline.

We hope this package will be helpful to developers of CRAN packages that
use the GSL.

Romain and Dirk

--
Romain Francois