[Rcpp-devel] r-forge error: undefined symbol: zgetri_

baptiste auguie baptiste.auguie at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 20 19:35:20 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 20 August 2010 19:09, Romain Francois <romain at r-enthusiasts.com> wrote:
> Le 20/08/10 16:07, Dirk Eddelbuettel a écrit :
>>
>> On 20 August 2010 at 09:41, baptiste auguie wrote:
>> | Indeed, I had forgotten to rerun roxygen before my last commit, sorry.
>> | It should be OK now.
>> |
>> | I've also put the source tarball from R CMD BUILD here,
>> |
>> | http://dl.dropbox.com/u/352834/cda_1.0.tar.gz
>>
>> This works for me on Ubuntu 10.4 / amd64 once I drop the Depends: on
>> the package constants which is not on CRAN:
>>
>> edd at max:/tmp/cda$ R CMD INSTALL .
>> * installing to library ‘/usr/local/lib/R/site-library’
>> * installing *source* package ‘cda’ ...
>> ** libs
>> g++ -I/usr/share/R/include
>> -I"/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/Rcpp/include"
>> -I"/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/RcppArmadillo/include"   -fpic  -O3 -g0
>> -Wall -pipe  -c cda.cpp -o cda.o
>> cda.cpp: In function ‘int progress_bar(double, double)’:
>> cda.cpp:36: warning: no return statement in function returning non-void
>> cda.cpp: In function ‘Rcpp::List linearExtinction(const arma::mat&, const
>> arma::cx_mat&, double)’:
>> cda.cpp:285: warning: unused variable ‘pi’
>> g++ -shared -o cda.so cda.o -L/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/Rcpp/lib
>> -lRcpp -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/Rcpp/lib -llapack -lblas
>> -lgfortran -lm -L/usr/lib64/R/lib -lR
>> installing to /usr/local/lib/R/site-library/cda/libs
>> ** R
>> ** inst
>> ** preparing package for lazy loading
>> ** help
>> *** installing help indices
>> ** building package indices ...
>> ** testing if installed package can be loaded
>>
>> * DONE (cda)
>> edd at max:/tmp/cda$ r -lcda -e'cat("Hello cda world\n")'
>> Hello cda world
>> edd at max:/tmp/cda$
>>
>> FWIW on Debian and Ubuntu R uses external lapack and blas libraries.
>>
>> Dirk
>
> That is also why it works on OSX, because here we are using the vecLib
> framework for blas and lapack.

Thank you all for investigating the matter.

> So you are left with a few options :
> - don't call inv on your complex matrix

i do need this, I feel it would be a waste to convert the matrix back
to R format, invert it with R facilities, and then convert it back for
Armadillo...

> - negociate with R-core that they include missing lapack bits

I wouldn't even know what's missing and where.

> - write a package that supplies these bits

Same here.

> I'm afraid there is nothing we can really do.

That's OK, thankfully it works on the only platform(s) I use. A shame
that I can't easily share this work with others though.

Thanks,

baptiste

--

Dr. Baptiste Auguié

Departamento de Química Física,
Universidade de Vigo,
Campus Universitario, 36310, Vigo, Spain

tel: +34 9868 18617
http://webs.uvigo.es/coloides