[Rcpp-devel] On mailing list defaults, and suggested patch submission

Dominick Samperi djsamperi at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 17:38:08 CEST 2010

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 2:27 AM, Romain Francois
<romain at r-enthusiasts.com>wrote:

> I have not seen any of these files. But note that, as Dirk said before,
> please send patches rather than full copy of modified files.
>
> From some directory of your modified Rcpp tree, just do :
>
> $ svn diff > mypatch.diff
>
> and send that file, that should be ok.
>
> If you want to add files with this mechanism, you can. Just do
>
> $ svn add whatever/file
> $ svn diff > mypatch.diff
>
> The only thing you cannot do is svn commit.

The diff file msvc.patch.txt is attached, along with the three new .h files
that
should go into Rcpp/inst/include/msvc (or something else if you prefer).

While I could 'svn add Rcpp/src/msvcmath.cpp' I could not do this
for the .h files because the directory Rcpp/inst/include/msvc does not
exist,
and I couldn't create it.

These changes will permit compilation with Visual C++. The warning level
needs to be changed from the default to prevent a large number of
warning messages. The main purpose would be to check that the
C++ code is portable. If these changes are added you probably want to
note that MSVC is not officially (or even unofficially) supported.

On the tags/branches question, it appears that all projects on R-Forge are
laid out without the usual tags and branches subdirectories.Is this due to
restrictions at R-Forge? I guess the way to fetch files corresponding to
a particular CRAN release is to get versions that were current at the
time that the CRAN release happened, right?

Thanks,
Dominick