[Rcpp-devel] Problem compling rinside_sample0 on OSX

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Apr 6 13:35:34 CEST 2010

On 6 April 2010 at 12:19, Romain Francois wrote:
| Le 06/04/10 12:14, Dirk Eddelbuettel a écrit :
| > Hi Dan,
| >
| > Thanks for switching to the list.
| >
| > On 5 April 2010 at 22:12, Dan Kulp wrote:
| > | Hey,
| > |   I just installed Rcpp RInside successful using CRAN, but when I try to
| > | "make rinside_sample0" I get the following linking errors:
| > |
| > | ld warning: option -s is obsolete and being ignored
| > | Undefined symbols:
| > |   "SEXPREC* Rcpp::grow<Rcpp::Named>(Rcpp::Named const&, SEXPREC*)",
| > | referenced from:
| > |       SEXPREC* Rcpp::pairlist<Rcpp::Function, Rcpp::Named,
| > | Rcpp::Named>(Rcpp::Function const&, Rcpp::Named const&, Rcpp::Named
| > | const&)in libRInside.a(RInside.o)
| > |       SEXPREC* Rcpp::pairlist<Rcpp::Function, Rcpp::Named,
| > | Rcpp::Named>(Rcpp::Function const&, Rcpp::Named const&, Rcpp::Named
| > | const&)in libRInside.a(RInside.o)
| > | ld: symbol(s) not found
| > | collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
| > | make: *** [rinside_sample0] Error 1
| >
| > I think I just had that yesterday at work -- you do have to be careful to use
| > _matching_ RInside and Rcpp releases.  Which I why going with CRAN is a good
| > option.
| >
| > Using the _released_ versions 0.7.11 for Rcpp and 0.2.2 for RInside should
| > 'just work'.   As Romain said, please send along the version numbers you used.
|
| Totally. It seems though that when you install from cran you get Rcpp
| 0.7.10 even though cran advertizes 0.7.11, but I did not try all mirrors.

Yes, that is what I had -- newer RInside on a machine at work, but Rcpp. You
getthe 'grow' error from the new create() feature that requires 0.7.11.

So switching to 0.7.11 from its tarball may do the trick.

  Registration is open for the 2nd International conference R / Finance 2010
  See http://www.RinFinance.com for details, and see you in Chicago in April!