[Rcpp-devel] RcppSexp again

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Dec 13 21:08:23 CET 2009

I had another look at this, based on what is in Dominick's RcppTemplate (as
of the recent 6.* releases) and in Simon's Rserve C++ client examples.

Unfortunately Simon's stuff doesn't quite cut it, it is to specific to
Rserve.  But I really like the RcppSexp idea and I think I should provide it
-- along with a 'bunch' of 'getFoo' (or asFoo) accessors for all the variants
we would want in C++.

Hopefully in a bit -- other than helping the phylobase people with a commit I
also released RQuantLib (which required a windows update of QL and Boost),
committed to littler (which needs a new minor release), committed to RInside
(which may as well, but that I can push back), commited more abotu the inline
stuff to Rcpp (which should really get a new release first before I redo
things).  I am thinking about also relicensing Rcpp from LGPL to GPL. Given
that Dominck switched his RcppTemplate to Rcpp, I feel I can take that as
consent of a relicensing of his code. Thoughts?