[Rcicr-users] Programming RCP in PsychoPy

Nicholas Michalak nickmm at umich.edu
Thu May 26 19:23:36 CEST 2016

Hi all

I've successfully programmed an RCP in Medialab, but I'm trying to
translate to PsychoPy in Python.

Before I ask my question, is there a rcicr thread on programming an RCP
experiment in PsychoPy?

If not, I'm having trouble presenting the stimuli pairs (i.e., ori and
inv) in such a way that participants see each pair in random order (without
replacement), where the images in a pair are randomly presented on the left
or the right of the screen.

So if I have 400 pairs and two sides of the screen, I'd want PsychoPy to
draw from the pairs randomly without replacement and draw within the pairs
randomly without replacement: present a random stimuli from a random pair
on the left and place the remaining stimuli from that pair on the right.

I welcome any solutions--thank you!

Nick