[RQt-devel] Phonon header

Michael Lawrence lawrence.michael at gene.com
Mon May 3 04:02:08 CEST 2010

On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 3:03 PM, Tengfei Yin <yintengfei at gmail.com> wrote:

> Test, this email failed to be sent to this list this afternoon.....
> #########
> Hi
>
> Sorry for the late reply, I leave my laptop in the office yesternday.
>
> Yihui and me just upgrade our system from Ubuntu 9.10 to Ubuntu 10.04(LTS),
> which is newly released version on April 29, actually, I forget to install
> the QT phonon, so I have no problem with installing the qtbase and qtpaint,
> the 'canvas' demo also works.
>
> I just the checked on my system,  the default installed library is *
> 'libphonon4'*, if you ignore the check message that  "Qt PHONON library
> not found.", I guess you can install both the qtbase and qtpaint, once I
> installed the *libqt4-phonon-dev, libphonon-dev*, (I just tried it, which
> I think you also installed), the message disappear, but you cannot check and
> install it anymore. The same  problem has been solved by Michael for Ubuntu
> 9.10.
>
> So if you want to install the qtinterface successfully, try use the default
> 'libphonon4', remove 'libqt4-phonon-dev' and 'libphonn-dev', that should
> work(at least on my machine), if we want to figure out
> why libqt4-phonon-dev' and 'libphonn-dev' doesn't work in lucid,I think we
> can email back and forth again to solve it......

There are two distributions of Phonon, one from Qt the other from KDE. Since
qtbase is really only interested in Qt (cross-platform) stuff, I'd like to
designate the qt variant, i.e., libqt4-phonon(-dev), as the officially
supported version. If that does not include a symlink (Phonon->.), then we
need to fix something. Also, looks like we'll need support for QtMultimedia,
as Phonon sounds like a pretty simplistic API.

Michael

Best wishes