[RQt-devel] Timings

Michael Lawrence lawrence.michael at gene.com
Tue Mar 23 14:40:03 CET 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 6:15 AM, Hadley Wickham <hadley at rice.edu> wrote:

> Looking at the timings in painter.csv, there are a few suspicious outliers:
>
>  * why does opengl R35 take so much longer to draw than R30 and R5?

This is explained in painter.results. We're using a fast path (GL_POINTS) to
draw the circles when we can, but the maximum point radius (on most
hardware) is 32. After that we fall back to a the relatively slow but still
pretty fast midpoint algorithm, which is faster than Qt's tessellating.

>  * what is up with antialiased segments?!

Might need to be more specific? Software is very slow when drawing
antialiased segments.