[RQt-devel] regressions

Michael Lawrence lawrence.michael at gene.com
Mon Mar 1 23:54:58 CET 2010

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 11:38 AM, Deepayan Sarkar
<deepayan.sarkar at gmail.com>wrote:

> [...]
> <lawrence.michael at gene.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 5:08 AM, Deepayan Sarkar <
> deepayan.sarkar at gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> >> That's basically it. I get
> >>
> >> $ R
> >> [...]
> >> NoMove
> >>     0
> >> attr(,"class")
> >> [1] "QtEnum"
> >> NULL
> >>
> >> For the full list at
> >> http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/qtextcursor.html#MoveOperation-enum

> >> +             Qt$QTextCursor$Start,
> >> +             Qt$QTextCursor$StartOfLine,
> >> +             Qt$QTextCursor$StartOfBlock,
> >> +             Qt$QTextCursor$StartOfWord,
> >> +             Qt$QTextCursor$PreviousBlock,
> >> +             Qt$QTextCursor$PreviousCharacter,
> >> +             Qt$QTextCursor$PreviousWord,
> >> +             Qt$QTextCursor$Up,
> >> +             Qt$QTextCursor$Left,
> >> +             Qt$QTextCursor$WordLeft,
> >> +             Qt$QTextCursor$End,
> >> +             Qt$QTextCursor$EndOfLine,
> >> +             Qt$QTextCursor$EndOfWord,
> >> +             Qt$QTextCursor$EndOfBlock,
> >> +             Qt$QTextCursor$NextBlock,
> >> +             Qt$QTextCursor$NextCharacter,
> >> +             Qt$QTextCursor$NextWord,
> >> +             Qt$QTextCursor$Down,
> >> +             Qt$QTextCursor$Right,
> >> +             Qt$QTextCursor$WordRight,
> >> +             Qt$QTextCursor$NextCell,
> >> +             Qt$QTextCursor$PreviousCell,
> >> +             Qt$QTextCursor$NextRow,
> >> +             Qt$QTextCursor$PreviousRow),
> >> +        is.null)
> >>  [1] FALSE  TRUE  TRUE  TRUE  TRUE FALSE FALSE FALSE  TRUE FALSE  TRUE
> >> FALSE
> >> [13] FALSE FALSE FALSE FALSE FALSE FALSE FALSE  TRUE  TRUE FALSE FALSE
> >> FALSE
> >> [25] FALSE
> >>
> >> I haven't tried, but presumably similar things happen for other enums.
> >>

> > Ok, so just for the record, I get:
> >
> >> ls(attr(Qt$QTextCursor, "env"))
> >  [1] "BlockUnderCursor"  "Document"          "Down"
> >  [4] "End"               "EndOfBlock"        "EndOfLine"
> >  [7] "EndOfWord"         "KeepAnchor"        "Left"
> > [10] "LineUnderCursor"   "MoveAnchor"        "NextBlock"
> > [13] "NextCell"          "NextCharacter"     "NextRow"
> > [16] "NextWord"          "NoMove"            "PreviousBlock"
> > [19] "PreviousCell"      "PreviousCharacter" "PreviousRow"
> > [22] "PreviousWord"      "Right"             "Start"
> > [25] "StartOfBlock"      "StartOfLine"       "StartOfWord"
> > [28] "Up"                "WordLeft"          "WordRight"
> > [31] "WordUnderCursor"
> >
> > I'll check-in my changes, and let you know to try again, just so we're on
> > the same page.
>
> svn up had some updates, and installing it now gives me the same list.
>
> However, now I reliably get
>
> > Qt$QRectF(0, 0, 100, 100) ## or qrect(0, 0, 100, 100)
> Error in assign(enum, structure(enums[enum], class = "QtEnum"), env) :
>  attempt to use zero-length variable name

That sucks, because I don't. Maybe a 4.5 vs 4.6 issue? Could you look into
the qenums code and try to catch where it is reporting an empty string for
an enum name? If you need help finding your way through the code, just let
me know.

Thanks for doing all the grunt work testing here. Sorry I have not been
taking the time to test things. Hopefully the demo directory will come to
represent a nice set of tests. Also, Qt itself has tests which we could
translate to R.