[RQt-devel] Rcpp

Romain Francois romain.francois at dbmail.com
Tue Jan 19 10:50:57 CET 2010

Hello,

I just wanted to draw your attention to the new version of Rcpp, that I
think might be useful for qtinterfaces (maybe not).

Rcpp has been completely redesigned over the holidays (while keeping the
existing interface). Now we have many C++ classes that basically act as
proxy classes for the SEXP they encapsulate. So that the object takes
care of protection/release to the garbage collection.

We cover just about every (useful) SEXP type. For example, manipulating
a character vector can look like this :

/* creating a character vector of two elements */
Rcpp::CharacterVector x(2);
x[0] = "foo" ;
x[1] = "bar" ;

Romain