[RQt-devel] qtbase builds on windows

Nicholas Lewin-Koh lewin-koh.nicholas at gene.com
Fri Dec 24 18:48:56 CET 2010

Hi Guys,
Sorry I have been on vacation and avoiding my email. I can build a binary
and send it around but here are the instructions;

Needed:
qtsdk
cmake
rtools
and optionally msys. Note that if you are not using msys (bash shell for
windows) you probably need to change the -G "msys" (or something) in
Makefile.win in the src directory.
Rtools, and Qt bin directoey with dlls need to be in your path. Also make
sure there are no other copies of the qt dll in your path, as we were
pulling our hair out over a link error till we discovered that miktex has
the qt dll in its bin directory duh. I will do a little work over the break
and see if I can update the make file to work with the dos cmd shell instead
of msys. As micheal said I don't think a static build with qt is possible
without a lot of work to export everything from the dlls and link it
statically. I vaguely remember fiddling with that once, and I think it is
possible to convert dlls to static libraries, but until we find out how to
cure alzheimers, that will remain another void in my vacuous head. Or at
least till I feel like putting down my wood working tools and doing some
coding ;P

Happy holidays to all! and I will see about the binary as a christmas
present ;)

Nicholas

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 8:53 PM, Michael Lawrence <lawrence.michael at gene.com

--
"The bear and the goat were married and lived together until the end of
their days. Either the goat went mad or the bear became sane."