[RQt-devel] qtgui obsolete forever?

Yihui Xie xie at yihui.name
Wed Aug 4 17:10:20 CEST 2010

The R code chunks in the layout section of the qtpaint vignette cannot
run, and they are marked with 'eval=FALSE':

<<layout-layers,eval=FALSE>>=
scene <- qgraphicsScene()
figLayer <- qlayer(scene)
titleLayer <- qlayer(figLayer, titlePainter, rowSpan = 2)
yaxis <- qlayer(figLayer, yAxisPainter, row = 1)
plotLayer <- qlayer(figLayer, plotPainter, row = 1, col = 1)
xaxis <- qlayer(figLayer, xAxisPainter, row = 2, col = 1)
@

<<layout-preferred-dims,eval=FALSE>>=
layout <- figLayer$layout()
layout$setRowPreferredHeight(0, 75)
layout$setRowPreferredHeight(1, 400)
layout$setRowPreferredHeight(2, 75)
layout$setColumnPreferredWidth(0, 75)
layout$setColumnPreferredWidth(1, 600)
@

<<layout-stretch-factor,eval=FALSE>>=
layout$setRowStretchFactor(0, 0)
layout$setRowStretchFactor(2, 0)
layout$setColumnStretchFactor(0, 0)
@

For example,

> library(qtpaint)
> scene <- qgraphicsScene()
Error: could not find function "qgraphicsScene"

Even if I correct it with qscene(), there are still errors following,
e.g. 'layout' does not have a child named 'setRowPreferredHeight'.

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.11.1 (2010-05-31)
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu

locale: