[Phylobase-devl] Fwd: Re: CRAN packages phylobase and adephylo

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 01:35:43 CET 2011

  Hey guys,

  Any opinions about this?

  adephylo is not absolutely necessary to phylobase, but it bothers me
to spend effort removing it when we might be able to fix it instead.
Perhaps if Thibaut responds (the fix is fairly trivial) and we then
grovel to the R Gods/BDR ...

  It may be necessary for political reasons to make these changes and
then revert them if/when we get adephylo fixed.

  We have another issue -- the Solaris build (sigh) is failing, with the
following error:

 "./ncl/nxsstring.h", line 467: Error: The function "sprintf" must have
a prototype.

  Fixing this (by remote control) could be pretty challenging -- R-forge
doesn't have a Solaris build, so it could involve more grovelling to BDR
for advice (another reason to temporarily do the adephylo fix, unless we
can get our act together quickly).

  cheers
    Ben