[Phylobase-devl] unification of tree data slots

Jim Regetz regetz at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Sep 22 09:20:05 CEST 2009

Peter Cowan wrote:
>> François Michonneau wrote:
>>>
>>> Finally, I think the Nnode slot was there to match the structure of
>>> phylo objects. But, it seems superfluous with the tests that S4
>>> methods
>>> bring.
>
> That's my recollection also, +1 for removing it.

The Nnode slot of phylo4 is now gone, along with most vestiges of it in
the code, documentation, and geospiza.rda. Two minor exceptions:

1. There is a reference to an Nnode slot in multiPhylo-class.Rd. I
didn't remove it because I'm not sure whether this necessarily refers to
the same thing.

2. I removed the Nnode slot one-liner from phylobase.Rnw, but didn't
regenerate the associated PDF. I actually see a couple of other things
that need to be updated in that document after the recent updates to
slot accessors (pretty much all having to do with the order of returned
elements).

All for now,
Jim