[Phylobase-devl] change root node from NA to 0

Peter Cowan pdc at berkeley.edu
Mon Sep 21 23:52:32 CEST 2009

Given that significant changes are still fair game, I'd like to
propose changes the root edge from having NA as the ancestor to 0 as
the ancestor.

I'd be willing to do the lifting for this one, and could probably get
it done around the same time the unification gets finished up.

I found myself having to work around the NA issue in several places
where 0 wouldn't have been a problem.  Does anyone have a case where
NA is superior to 0 in the edge matrix?

Peter