[Phylobase-devl] extractTree proposal

Ben Bolker bolker at ufl.edu
Tue Aug 25 18:49:08 CEST 2009

  this sounds sensible.  the only concern I have (and perhaps the reason
we originally set things up in what has now come to be a slightly
bass-ackwards way) is that we have a warning message issued on coercion
from phylo4d to phylo4 ("data lost"), which we don't with the explicit
extractTree function (because there we assume that's what the user
really wants to do).  Is there a way to achieve this behavior with
your approach? (I guess we could use suppressWarnings(as(...)) but
that would suppress *all* warnings?)