[Phylobase-devl] getting close!

Steven Kembel steve.kembel at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 00:27:25 CEST 2009

>>  * #175-176: should I go ahead and add two list() slots to the
>> phylo4(d) classes for metadata/annotation?
>
> I thought there was something more complicated in the offing for
> metadata?  If so I'd say wait until that is ready.

I'd vote to go ahead and add simple list() slots now, we can make the
structure within these lists more complicated later if we decide to go
with one of the phylogenetic xml formats and their various metadata.
Actually, could it just be a single slot called metadata? I don't
remember why we wanted both metadata and annotation slots.

>>  * #570: Steve?  did you plan on implementing the ape-translation
>> hack for root node replacement?

I wrote these (see code attached to that feature request) but there is
something strange going on where the method fails for some trees,
especially for phylo4d trees. Not sure if this is a problem with my
code, the ape::root function, or what. Francois was investigating last
I checked.

Steve