[Phylobase-devl] Technote

Peter D. Cowan pdc at berkeley.edu
Fri Aug 21 21:14:32 CEST 2009

Ben,

I've been writing up some sections for the technote pdf.  The file you uploaded contained a section on round-tripping, this might be best included in the main manual. Converting between package tree formats is likely to a common use case, and it would be good to detail the caveats (perhaps in a section on interacting with other package, or as an appendix.)

I was envisioning was a guide for people planning to hack on phylobase itself.  I've sketched up sections on how NCL is integrated, how RUnit works, and how svn works.

If this makes sense to you I'll move the section on tree formats and rename the file to something like "Development".

Peter