[Phylobase-devl] Aug. virtual hackathon

Jombart, Thibaut t.jombart at imperial.ac.uk
Sun Aug 2 19:31:00 CEST 2009

Congratulations Brian for your new position!

I'll be off and far from a computer from 4th to 25th August, so I could help to hack our way onto CRAN starting from the 26th. I'm very pleased to think we're getting close to a first release on CRAN. I think a stable release is essential to allow the existence of other packages which would depend on phylobase for data representation/handling, which was one of the original aim of the package. Actually, I have a young adephylo package, which will ultimately (and hopefully soon) replace all phylogenetic functions in ade4, and uses phylo4/phylo4d classes, that desperately waits for a stable phylobase to become a grown-up package.

Thanks for making things move forward again.

Best,

Thibaut.