[Phylobase-devl] phylo4: tabulate() requires nbins argument

Thibaut Jombart jombart at biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr
Wed May 21 18:30:51 CEST 2008

Hi people !

>     ~  Now, I will admit that we do not currently prevent this; we should
>     (1) decide whether we want to accept all of these rules for phylo4
>     objects as well (I would like to eliminate rule b below, to
>     allow "singleton" nodes); (2) add these rules to phylo4 object
>     checking so that they can't happen.
>
>     ~  Thoughts, anyone?
>
>     ~  Ben

I agree we could relax rule b. I think we should get progressively
independent from ape where it is useful. But maybe we should wait for
the plot stuff to be recoded (I think this part includes most of the C
code that phylobase calls from ape). We have seen how ugly it can get
when we try to plot malformed phylo objects, and we cannot decently ask
users not to plot there data until new methods are available.

Cheers,

Thibaut.

--
Thibaut JOMBART