[Phylobase-devl] Request for comments on phylobase tree plotting problems

Matthew R. Helmus mrhelmus at wisc.edu
Fri Mar 28 14:56:54 CET 2008

Hi all,
Thank you for the comments thus far on my ideas for Summer of Code. My
proposal will be under the project idea "Phylogeny plotting for the R
package phylobase." I have not used phylobase (but I will today!), thus
it would be helpful to know:

1. What are some of the specific problems that have occured when you
have tried to plot trees and associated data in phylobase (or generally
in R)?

2. What happens when you plot large trees in phylobase?

3. What types of associated data have you tried to plot in phylobase?

Thank you in advance for any comments!

Matt