[Phylobase-devl] Conference call minutes

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at duke.edu
Mon Mar 24 21:29:45 CET 2008

On Mar 24, 2008, at 4:00 PM, Peter Cowan wrote:
>> This would not be such a problem if we knew how all the code calling
>> ape functions will be affected... do we? Anyway, I think we'll
>> diverge from ape soon or later, so this time may be as good as any.
>
> I agree with you, this time is as good as any.  However, this would
> mean scrapping some of the 'backward compatibility' such as the $
> hack.

Really? Isn't $ implemented more or less like a macro calling an API
function?

I haven't been able to stay on top of all this - you guys are awesome
in making continuous progress - so I may be missing the obvious. Feel
free to set me straight.

	-hilmar
: Hilmar Lapp  -:-  Durham, NC  -:- hlapp at duke dot edu :