[Phylobase-devl] Fwd: You are invited to take part in The Google Summer of Code(tm) 2008

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at duke.edu
Mon Mar 17 21:54:06 CET 2008

We're tentatively on! The final list is still going to take a while
until it is posted on the Summer of Code website due to problems with
the SoC web-application, and will be the authoritative list. Based on
the comments on #gsoc about what is going on I'm going to be
optimistic though and assume we're in.

*This is the last SoC email I will be copying to multiple recipients.
If you are going to be a mentor, whether your project is on the ideas
page already or not, please subscribe to the wg-phyloinformatics list
ASAP.*

As one of the next things I will be resetting the
phylosoc at nescent.org mailing list to this year's mentors only. Don't
be surprised if you receive a subscription notification email from
that list; if you don't and were a mentor last year, don't be
surprised either.

I am in fact not sure we should use the phyloc mentors list as we did
last year, namely as primary contact for applying or interested
students. I'm thinking some of last year's students who are still on
the wg-phyloinformatics might have some helpful comments too for new
students. If anyone of you feels that having a mentors-only list for
students to get in touch with lowers anxiety or any other possible
barrier, please let me know (maybe I'm asking this mostly to the
students of last year?).

Cheers, and welcome to the Summer of Code!

	-hilmar

Begin forwarded message:

> From: codesite-noreply at google.com
> Date: March 17, 2008 4:07:03 PM EDT
> To: hilmar.lapp at gmail.com
> Subject: You are invited to take part in The Google Summer of Code
> (tm) 2008
>

> Congratulations!
> Your organization "NESCent - National Evolutionary Synthesis
> Center" has been accepted in to the Google Summer of Code(tm) 2008,
> and you have been marked as a potential Mentor. To accept this
> request please visit http://code.google.com/soc/mentor_step1.html
> and sign up using your Google Account.
> Thanks.
> - Your friendly Google Summer of Code administrators

: Hilmar Lapp  -:-  Durham, NC  -:- hlapp at duke dot edu :