[Phylobase-devl] phylobase does not build

Marguerite Butler mbutler at hawaii.edu
Fri Feb 29 20:14:55 CET 2008

Hi Ben,

Very curious.... it builds fine on my work computer, but not on my
home. At work, I get the same minor error message as you found.

At work I have:

Mac OS 10.4.11
Mac Pro tower, dual core Intel Xeon processors.
R version 2.6.2

At home (I will check for sure later):

Mac OS 10.4.x
An Imac which is newer than my work computer.
R version 2.6.1 or 2.6.2

I doubt it's a difference of architecture(?!), but this is very weird.

Marguerite

On Feb 29, 2008, at 8:58 AM, Ben Bolker wrote:

>   Hmmm.  What platform?  MacOS?  Can someone else try it?
>   (checks/builds/installs OK on Linux ...)
>
>   by the way -- when building I get a sort of a warning,
>
>   In method for function "[": expanding the signature to
> include omitted arguments in definition: j = "missing",
> drop = "missing"
>
>   We can probably fix this without too much trouble.
>
>   Ben
>
> Marguerite Butler wrote:
>> Hi Everyone,
>> Sorry for the long absence. I was trying to install the latest
>> phylobase, but it failed on build. Lazy loading failed.
>> (everything up to that point seemed to be OK). I don't know how to
>> debug this issue. Any advice?
>> Thanks,
>> Marguerite
>>  >>>>>>>>>>>
>> ** R
>> ** data
>> ** inst
>> ** preparing package for lazy loading
>> Error in parse(n = -1, file = file) : unexpected input at
>> 630:
>> 631: <<
>> Calls: <Anonymous> -> code2LazyLoadDB -> sys.source -> parse
>> Execution halted
>> ERROR: lazy loading failed for package 'phylobase'
>> ** Removing '/private/tmp/Rinst276551935/phylobase'
>>  ERROR
>> Installation failed.
>> Removing '/tmp/Rinst276551935'
>> Marguerite A. Butler