[Monetr-users] Problems with MonetDB.R

Enzo Martoglio emartoglio at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 00:02:26 CEST 2013

Hi
I've an Apple mac and I've installed monetdb with homebrew.

Homebrew install monetdb in /usr/local/Cellar/monetdb, then a symlink is
created in /usr/local/bin

Because of this, monetdb.server.setup fails, because /usr/local/bin/monetdb
 connects to /usr/local/Cellar/monetdb/11.15.11/bin/monetdb but you further
add bin to it, which do not exist.
This is in
mcl <- file.path( monetdb.program.path , "bin" )

As a matter of fact, I've modified the above line and executed
server.setup, but then things get complex when the sh file is created with
wrong addresses etc...

A solution compatible with homebrew would be very welcome.

Thanks

Enzo