[Mediation-information] Trouble with mediate.ped function in Mediation for R

Teppei Yamamoto teppei at mit.edu
Sat Aug 12 07:38:21 CEST 2017

Hi Greg,

The function can produce those values for the bounds when your data are
not consistent with the identification assumptions, such as the
consistency assumption or the exclusion restrictions. It could also be
due to some mistake in the data (e.g. miscoding in a variable). If you
send me your code and the dataset (maybe a subset that reproduces the
same problem, if you cannot send the whole thing), I'll be happy to look
into it to the extent I can.

We unfortunately don't have a plan to extend it to a continuous outcome
variable, primarily because our theoretical framework doesn't simply
generalize to such a setup. There are alternative approaches that could
potentially achieve what we need, though, so we (or someone else) might
someday get to it -- not on our immediate agenda unfortunately!

Best,
Teppei

Teppei Yamamoto

Associate Professor of Political Science
Alfred Henry and Jean Morrison Hayes Chair
Massachusetts Institute of Technology

http://web.mit.edu/teppei/www/