[Mediation-information] Two-Step Mediation

Kosuke Imai kimai at Princeton.Edu
Tue Nov 4 03:43:42 CET 2014

Dear Peter,

It depends on what you would want to estimate, but it's certainly possible
to do this under certain assumptions.  For example, you can estimate the
indirect effect of treatment on outcome through either mediator 1 or 2.
It's also possible to estimate the indirect effect of treatment on
mediation 2 through mediator 1.

Kosuke

Kosuke Imai               Office: Corwin Hall 036
Professor                 Phone: 609-258-6601
Department of Politics    Fax: 609-258-1110
Princeton University      Email: kimai at Princeton.Edu
Princeton, NJ 08544-1012  http://imai.princeton.edu