[Mediation-information] Causally dependent mediators

Angel Rodriguez angel.rodriguez at matiainstituto.net
Thu Aug 28 09:44:40 CEST 2014

Thank you Teppei and Mashhood for your very helpful comments.

I would be using then:

1) deprivation --> education level --> aging well (covariates: age, gender, region)
(with the R mediation package, to study the direct and indirect effects of deprivation on aging well)

2) deprivation --> education level --> economic position --> aging well (covariates: age, gender, region)
(with the R MULTIMED package, to study the direct and indirect effecs mediated through economic position of deprivation on aging well)

Does it seem OK?

Best regards,

Angel