[Mediation-information] Mediation-information Digest, Vol 25, Issue 3

Angel Rodriguez angel.rodriguez at matiainstituto.net
Wed Aug 27 11:38:53 CEST 2014

Thank you again, Mashhood.

What I do not understand yet is why we need a package like multimed if we can decompose a model with two causally dependent mediators (infant deprivation --> education level --> economic position --> aging well) into two models (infant deprivation --> education level --> aging well & education level --> economic position --> aging well).

Following your advise, I should include infant deprivation as a confounder in the model education level --> economic position --> aging well. But if deprivation conditions education strongly, I could end not finding any direct nor indirect effect of education on aging well.

Best regards,

Angel Rodriguez-Laso