[Mediation-information] Question about the Mediation Package

Teppei Yamamoto teppei at MIT.EDU
Tue Feb 14 15:08:00 CET 2012

Hi,

Yes, moderated mediation will be implemented in the next update along
with other extensions. In fact that particular function has been already
coded up in our development version, so if you need it right away we can
send the source code to you (usual disclaimer would apply, of course).

Best,
Teppei

(2/14/12 8:41 AM), Kosuke Imai wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
>    I think that the moderated mediation is being coded up right now.  I'm ccing my collaborators who are taking the lead in the software development so that they can tell you when that functionality will be made available.
>
> Best,
> Kosuke
>
> Department of Politics
> Princeton University
> http://imai.princeton.edu
>
> On Feb 12, 2012, at 11:53 PM, Peter Belmi wrote:
>
>> Hi Dr. Imai,
>> My name is Peter Belmi, and I am a doctoral student at the Organizational Behavior program at Stanford GSB. I am looking for an R package that could handle moderated mediation (Preacher&  Hayes, 2008; Edwards and Lambert, 2007), and the closest that I came across to is your package, Mediation. I went through the documentation but wasn't sure if the package could handle moderated mediation. Could you tell me whether this package is suitable to test different models of moderated mediation as outlined by Preacher&  Hayes? I am a novice at R so any insight would be appreciated!
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Peter Belmi

Teppei Yamamoto
Assistant Professor