[Mediation-information] Fwd: R-Package 'mediation': Mediation with censored outcome

dustin tingley dtingley at gov.harvard.edu
Fri Jul 8 21:52:00 CEST 2011

Hi-
Yes, you can now estimate a tobit model for the censored outcome. You need
to use the latest version of our package (3.0). Its easiest to download this
if you also have the latest version of R (2.13).

Here is some example code:
Anxiety.m.GD_NegAff <- lm(GD_NegAff ~ AnxietyVsCont +
gender_p+Trust_GSS_pre+ideo7,  data=Anxiety)
Anxiety.y.GD_NegAff <- vglm(Y ~
AnxietyVsCont+GD_NegAff+AnxietyVsCont:GD_NegAff+gender_p+Trust_GSS_pre+ideo7,
tobit(Lower=0, Upper=5),  data=Anxiety)
delay.anx.gd<-mediate(Anxiety.m.GD_NegAff  , Anxiety.y.GD_NegAff ,
sims=1000, treat="AnxietyVsCont", mediator="GD_NegAff")

Also see this updated vignette
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/mediation/vignettes/mediation.pdf

best,
Dustin