[R list package] p value in test for design effects

Felix Wolter felix.wolter at uni-mainz.de
Mon Jul 27 13:48:46 CEST 2015

Hello everybody,

we have encountered some problems using the test for design effects in
the list package. The outcome is pasted below. We would be very happy if
someone could help us with the interpretation of the p-value of 1.227,
which is greater than 1. Does this make sense? Or is the data unsuited
for this test - as you can see, the distribution is heavily skewed with
many respondents answering "0" (this is due to a special design of our
ICT procedure).

Thank you very much in advance!
And kind greetings

Felix

 > test.value.aushei <- ict.test(aushei$y, aushei$pct, J = 3,
alpha=0.05, gms = TRUE, pi.table = TRUE)
 > print(test.value.aushei)

Test for List Experiment Design Effects

Estimated population proportions
                    est.   s.e.
pi(y = 0, t = 1) 0.1178 0.0418
pi(y = 1, t = 1) 0.0356 0.0245
pi(y = 2, t = 1) 0.0067 0.0104
pi(y = 3, t = 1) 0.0045 0.0045
pi(y = 0, t = 0) 0.7364 0.0297
pi(y = 1, t = 0) 0.0686 0.0345
pi(y = 2, t = 0) 0.0280 0.0184
pi(y = 3, t = 0) 0.0024 0.0083

Bonferroni-corrected p-value
If this value is below alpha, you reject the null hypothesis of no
design effect. If it is above alpha, you fail to reject the null.

Sensitive Item 1
         1.227221

--
Dr. Felix Wolter