[R list package] generating p values in ict.test

Shane Gleason sgleason at siu.edu
Fri Jan 4 00:19:16 CET 2013

Hello everyone,

We're using the list package for a project we're working on, but we're
having some trouble with the ict.test command.

When we run through the examples provided, we cannot find anyway to
display the standard error:  Specifically, we run:

data(race)

test.value.race <- ict.test(race$y, race$treat, J = 3, gms = TRUE)

This does not return anything- so we try:

summary(test.value.race)

This returns:

          Length Class  Mode
p         1     -none- numeric
pi.table 16     -none- numeric

I can't seem to figure out how to display the p value. Should I read
that as the p value=1 (i.e. no design effect?)

On a somewhat related note, when I run the same test on our data I get
the following error:

Error in solve.default(cov.pi.y1) :
   system is computationally singular: reciprocal condition number = 0

If I go on to call for summary(test.value) I get the same output as above.

Would this essentially be a non-starter? I tried to whittle down the
data and drop variables we
don't use and got the following error:

Error in t.test.default(y[treat == 0] <= j, y[treat == 1] <= j, alternative = "less") :

   data are essentially constant

I am sorry if these are elementary questions, but I wasn't able to find
much guidance in the user manual.

Thanks for your time,

Shane

--