[inlinedocs] Problems with S4 method definitions

Toby Dylan Hocking Toby.Hocking at inria.fr
Tue Nov 22 08:43:36 CET 2011

Markus, thanks very much for your interest in inlinedocs. I'm sorry
for the delayed response to your very detailed email. In short, I have
approved you for the inlinedocs group on R-Forge and I invite you to
contribute any code you can to improve the inlinedocs S4 support.

The error message

extra.code.docs prefixed.lines Error in UseMethod("combine") :
  no applicable method for 'combine' applied to an object of class "NULL"
Calls: package.skeleton.dx ... apply.parsers -> combine -> combine.list ->
combine
Execution halted

suggests that the error occured sometime in the execution of the
prefixed.lines Parser Function, so I suggest you start by looking at
its definition in inlinedocs/R/parsers.R if you have not already.

And when you commit code to SVN please run R CMD check inlinedocs to
run the unit tests and make sure the changes that you make do not
introduce backwards-incompatible changes. If everything passes OK,
there should be no errors when running the package check.

Thanks again and please do not hesitate to ask further questions on
the inlinedocs-support list.