[inlinedocs] [ESS-bugs] ess-function-pattern not working for some valid functions

Toby Dylan Hocking Toby.Hocking at inria.fr
Fri Mar 18 16:40:27 CET 2011

Hey Keith, thanks for responding to the ESS guys about our proposed
inlinedocs patches.

by the way I have some new code in inlinedocs/lisp/function-editing
that streamlines the process of converting a regular function to an
inlinedocs function. basically there are two ideas.

1. you hit C-c C-i which invokes ess-inlinedocs-format-args to convert
add blank inlinedocs comments after the function definition and each
argument.

2. you hit C-c C-e which invokes ess-inlinedocs-add-example to add
structure(...,ex=function(){...}) to a regular function.

I've only very quickly tested the code on a few examples, and I'm no
expert elisp hacker, so I would love any suggestions you could offer.