[inlinedocs] strange problem when using package.skeleton.dx()

Julien Moeys julien.moeys at mark.slu.se
Tue Nov 9 16:49:20 CET 2010

Dear inlinedocs developer team

First of all, many thanks for developing this very useful package. It saves me a lot of time.

I have a bug occurring when trying to use package.skeleton.dx() on the code described here
http://pastebin.com/hwWxhJ7g

I saved this code in an R file thisisonlyatest.R, placed it into an "R" folder in my working directory, and then type the following R command:
> package.skeleton.dx(
+     pkgdir      = getwd(),
+     namespace   = TRUE,
+     verbose     = TRUE
+ )   #
extra.code.docs prefixed.lines Error in if (is.arg()) { : missing value where TRUE/FALSE needed

If I remove the "(i" in line 3 "### bla bla bla (i" below the function( line
It works (no more error message)

What I don't understand is why it does not work with it (I would like to write "(i.e. bla bla bla)" in my help file). I can remove all the "(i" in the doc, but it would be good to understand (to make sure that this is the source of the problem).

I think that error was not occurring with version 1.3 (from r forge). But I don't have the binaries any more, so I can't test.
I am now running this with version 1.5 from r-forge (rev 158)

Any help is welcome!

Generally speaking, any improvement that would allow inlinedocs to point on which part of the parsed code it fails would be of a great benefit, I think (in addition to the error message). Because finding the faulty code is a challenge (and the package is so useful that it will soon be irreplaceable too). But I guess such changes are all but easy to implement (given the number of things that can fail).

All the best

Julien

Here is my R.version() (shortened a bit). I work on Windows XP.
$platform
[1] "i386-pc-mingw32"

$status
[1] ""