[GSoC-PortA] GSoC Timeline/Kickoff

Doug Martin martinrd at comcast.net
Mon May 19 17:37:13 CEST 2014

Two initial comments about regime switching models and their use, keeping mind that I haven’t looked at the proposal in a long time (maybe send it along):

1)      There are a lot of models and they tend to be complex.  The good news is that this PortfolioAnalytics development will support people to more (badly needed) research on what models are really worth using.

2)      As for use in portfolio optimization a main feature needed is allow the user to specify how to blend

data from a prior regime (or regimes) and the new  regime for which you at first have very little data (maybe you already included this in the proposal?)

Doug