[GSoC-PortA] Mean-mETL objective?

Ross Bennett rossbennett34 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 17:30:29 CEST 2013

Doug,

I don't think you were missing anything, perhaps I misunderstood. From
previous emails in this thread, I thought that there was a way to formulate
the mean/ETL as an LP problem that would avoid having to do a search for
the maximum mean/ETL portfolio. There is no need to do this for DEoptim or
random portfolios, I was just referring to maximizing mean/ETL using ROI.

I implemented this as of commit r3212. If mean and ETL (also ES or CVaR)
are objectives and optimize_method="ROI", the optimal portfolio returned is
one that maximizes mean/ETL. I use a bisection search to find the portfolio
that maximizes mean/ETL.

Ross