[GSoC-PortA] Random Portfolios Speed Improvement with Rcpp

Ross Bennett rossbennett34 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 19:47:40 CET 2013

Josh and Brian,

Thank you both for the detailed explanations. It went a long way helping me
understand how to improve the efficiency and performance of writing R code.

As a first step, I am going to add a formal "moments" argument to
constrained_objective. Once I have that working, I am going to take Josh's
suggestion of using environments. Using environments in this way is new
territory for me so I just want to make sure it works passing moments as an
argument.

Thanks again!

Ross