[GSoC-PortA] chart.* as generics

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Sun Aug 18 21:05:40 CEST 2013

On 08/18/2013 01:35 PM, Ross Bennett wrote:

> The PerformanceAnalytics packages already has a chart.Scatter function.
> Will we have any naming or masking issues if I make chart.Scatter a
> function for the different optimize.portfolio.objects?

It's easy to make chart.Weights a generic, but it will be much harder
with chart.Scatter.*

Because Performanceanalytics is on CRAN and much more widely used, we'd
need to match the argument list, and create a chart.Scatter.default in
PerfA.  I don't see any way to match the argument list though.

--
Brian