[genoPlotR-help] genoplotR help with graphic presentation or CDS and names

Lionel Guy lionel.guy at imbim.uu.se
Thu Jan 26 09:16:26 CET 2017

Hi Diane,

Nice plot!
The option you’re looking for is gene_type. You can change it for example by doing:

geneA.seq$gene_type <- “arrow”

To see all gene types, look into the examples of gene_types. What you are looking for is probably “arrow” or “block”:

?gene_types

To label clusters, you need to use the “annotation” argument of plot_gene_map. To generate an annotation object, use annotation or the auto_annotate:

annotA <- auto_annotate(geneA.seq)

and so on for the other dna_segs and then

plot_gene_map(dna_segs=*all my seg files* ), comparisons=*all my comparison files*), annotations=*all your annotations*, override_color_schemes=TRUE, global_color_scheme=c("e_value", "auto", "grey", "0”))

To generate a newick file, you need to obtain a tree, or you can write it yourself. This is a bit beyond the scope of the help list, but look into RAxML or other phylogeny programs. Definition of Newick format is here: http://evolution.genetics.washington.edu/phylip/newicktree.html.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Lionel