[genoPlotR-help] scale_cex parameter

Lionel Guy lionel.guy at icm.uu.se
Fri Oct 5 07:49:50 CEST 2012

Hi Mike,
On 4 Oct 2012, at 21:19 , Michael Muratet wrote:

> Is there a way to make the little legend smaller? The plot looks a little too busy with the full dna_seg_scale.

Unfortunately not, but you can remove it (scale=FALSE)

> I have two features, one repeat nested in another. The containing repeats are all of the same family, but the length of their alignment varies on the chromosomes from one locus to the next. I am trying to capture that information in the length of the arrow so that if repeat_N is 1000 bp long and appears full length on chr_A but only 500 bp on chr_B that chr_B arrow is 50% of the chr_A arrow. The nested repeat then appears wherever it falls on the containing arrow. Also, because all the arrows have the same physical length but different logical lengths, the arrow heads appear differently.

I think other types of features might be your solution. I'd try side_blocks for a start (see further mail).

> If I plotted all the dna_segs in the same list and used limit_to_longest_dna_seg could I get the effect I want?

I don't think so... limit_to_longest_dna_seg only works when you have several dna_segs and comparisons: it directs how the dna_segs are placed with respect to each other (minimizing the size of the comparisons). Here you don't have comparisons...

Best,

Lionel

--
Lionel Guy
Molecular Evolution, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
lionel.guy at icm.uu.se