[GenABEL-dev] The GenABEL suite and AutoMM

Diego Fabregat Traver fabregat at aices.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Dec 6 11:55:29 CET 2012

Dear Lennart,

> Could you already share some details about AutoMM? Which programming
> language was used (C/C++ I assume)? Which (af any) dependencies does it
> have?

We used C as programming language. As for the dependencies, it requires:

- a compiler with support for OpenMP v3.0. For instance gcc 4.4 or newer; and
- the BLAS and LAPACK libraries. Available both from vendors (e.g. MKL) and
  open-source/freely (e.g. GotoBLAS and OpenBLAS).

We also use the aio library, which is available on UNIX systems as part of
their standard libraries.

> Something that also comes to mind is how are we going to integrate
> AutoMM into the family? For example, in terms of input and output file
> formats, options (option names) etc.

As Yurii mentioned, we are working on the support for the Databel data format.

About options, I am not sure what you mean by that.

Best regards,
Diego