[Forensim-help] LRmix

Steele, Christopher c.steele.11 at ucl.ac.uk
Tue Nov 6 17:34:39 CET 2012

Hi Hinda,

Sorry I didn't reply to your last message, I was not part of the mailing list. I managed to get the Tcl/tk problem sorted, I had to update my tcl on my machine.

I am now having problems running LRmix when I input my own set of allele frequencies. All of the alleles within the sample, suspect and victim profiles are contained in the allele frequencies file, however, I get an error message when I try to run LRmix:

                            Error in PevidC(stain, freq, x, T, V, theta, foo) :
                            NA/NaN/Inf in foreign function call (arg 6)
                        In addition: Warning messages:
                        1: NAs introduced by coercion
                        2: NAs introduced by coercion

I was wondering if there is a limit on the number of alleles you can specify in the allele frequency file, seeing as my allele frequency file has a lot of them (101 to be exact).

I am not currently running forensim on R-2.15.1, due to difficulties upgrading R on the server I am working on, however, I will attempt to run the analysis on my personal computer that has the latest version of R. But I have a feeling this problem is not related to that.

Thanks
Chris