[FLR-list] flash/flasher

Iago.MOSQUEIRA at ec.europa.eu Iago.MOSQUEIRA at ec.europa.eu
Fri Oct 26 14:04:23 CEST 2018

Hi,

FLash now compiles for Windows in R 64 bit only, and that is what is available at the repository for R 3.5.

FLasher is also 64 bit only. The main differences for the use are:

- Seasonal forecasting, needs seasonal targets.
- Separate units that differ in growth (e.g. sexes, spawning times)
- Separate ssb targets: ssb_spawn (at time of spawning), ssb_end (end of time step), and ssb_flash (FLash's trick of extending object one year if asking for ssb target when harvest.spwn = 0)
- Can project multiple stocks (FLBiols) and fisheries (FLFisheries, no metiers), still being tested fully, works with some mixfish examples.
- Includes SS3 bevholt stock-recruitment model.
- Better fwdControl() method, specially to deal with iterations in targets.
- Some small change to naming in target, val is now value, quantity is now quant.

On the TODO list for FLasher:

- Use different metrics of srp, not only ssb, on any SR model.
- This will allow use of SS3 low fecundity SRR, for example.
- Add more economic targets, only revenue is there right now.

I might be missing something, but those are the main differences I can remember now.

Cheers,

Iago

--
Dr Iago Mosqueira