[FLR-list] Problems with FLR packages with OS X El Capitan

Iago Mosqueira iago at mosqueira.eu
Sun Oct 30 21:43:08 CET 2016

Hi,

At this point we do not have packages compiled for OSX. Some of them,
like FLCore, can be compiled in your own machine by installing the
necessary tools, as shown in

http://cran.us.r-project.org/bin/macosx/RMacOSX-FAQ.html#How-to-install-packages

Packages based on Cpp, like FLXSA and FLash, are unlikely to work on OSX
in their present form. For the later a new version is being developed
that will work on OSX, but FLXSA will not be updated in any way, as it
is an old method that should probably be abandoned. You could instead
look at FLa4a https://github.com/flr/FLa4a

So if you need any package with Cpp code you will need to run them on
Linux or Windows, maybe using a virtual machine.

Best,

Iago