[FLR-list] Plotting FLStocks with ggplot2 vs lattice

Iago MOSQUEIRA (JRC) iago.mosqueira-sanchez at jrc.ec.europa.eu
Mon Sep 23 15:55:58 CEST 2013

On 09/19/2013 03:17 PM, Laurie Kell wrote:
> this still works
>
> plot(FLStocks("1"=ple4,"2"=ple4))
>
> If you are familiar with ggplot2 then you can add an appropraite scale e.g.
>
> plot(FLStocks("1"=ple4,"2"=ple4))+scale_colour_manual("Iter",values=c("red","black"))
>
> i.e. you can "retro-tinker" using ggplot2
>
> Laurie

Hi,

I have added a short section on plot(FLStocks) to the ggplotFL vignette at

https://github.com/flr/ggplotFL/blob/master/vignettes/ggplotFL.pdf

which shows a quick example using ple4sex. As Laurie says, the big
advantage is that doing

p <- plot(FLStocks(...))

returns an object that can then be modified, or elements can be changed
and added as Laurie shows above. This means the plot methods do nmot
need to take care of every possible option or argument, as they can bre
easily changed as needed

Iago

Dr Iago Mosqueira

European Commission – Joint Research Center
Institute for the Protection and Security of the Citizen (IPSC)
Maritime Affairs Unit FISHREG – Scientific Support to Fisheries
TP 051, Via Enrico Fermi 2749
I-21027 Ispra (VA), Italy

Office : +39 0332 785413
Fax: +39 0332 789658